Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
SEND at Taxal and Fernilee Primary School
At Taxal and Fernilee Primary School, we will do our very best to ensure that the necessary provision is made for any pupil who has special educational needs and that those needs are made known to all who are likely to work with them.
The school will use its best endeavours to ensure that teachers, teaching assistants and, where appropriate, all non-teaching staff in the school are able to identify and provide for those pupils who have special educational needs.
We want all pupils - regardless of whether they have a special educational need - to join in the activities of the school with their peers. We will do our very best to ensure that this happens.
Our key targets are:
- To provide a supportive, inclusive environment for all children with SEND
- To remove the barriers to learning
- To close the gaps in progress and attainment, where possible.
The SEND coordinator for Taxal and Fernilee is Jenny Dalton and she can be contacted via the school office on 01663 733262
- Accessibility Plan 2021
- Links to SEN services and support groups
- SEN policy and information report Nov 2021
- SEND review September 2022