At Taxal and Fernilee CE Primary School, we believe that all pupils can achieve success in mathematics. Our aim is to make sure that all pupils leave our school ‘secondary ready’ in mathematics, able to tackle problems competently, confidently and reliably. We want them to be both numerate and to develop useful problem-solving skills.
Our curriculum is carefully sequenced so that all pupils secure a coherent and deep understanding of mathematical knowledge and skills, based on the National Curriculum. Teachers design lessons in response to pupils’ needs, providing sufficient practice and providing them with the support they need to achieve.
If you require further information about the mathematics curriculum, please contact Mr Darley.
- Year 1 programme of study Maths
- Year 2 programme of study Maths
- Year 3 programme of study Maths
- Year 4 programme of study Maths
- Year 5 programme of study Maths
- Year 6 programme of study Maths